Rules for Posting

Click here for iwhyawli's tongue-in-check version of GWOP's 954,012 posting rules. If you're wondering why GWOP has so many posting rules, you're not alone.

Free Tutorial

..

[1 of 13] Julie's Deleted Posts - What's Done in Secret

What's Done in Secret
June 25, 2008

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out. ~Thomas Babington Macaulay

I thought I'd fill everyone in on the reason I decided to start this blog. Jodi is truly the sweet, genuine person that she appears to be on TV. There were several events that took place a few weeks ago which really hurt and upset Jodi. So I decided to start a group on Facebook dedicated to Jodi so the fans would be able to show their support for her. I wanted to do something to cheer her up and let her know that she is touching others in a positive way. I received many emails and posts from people sharing so many positive and supportive comments.

Unfortunately, one person had the ruin the fun for others. I decided to close the group, not because I was intimidated, but I didn't want Jodi to be hurt by this person and their nasty comments. I also didn't want any controversy to be attached to her. I had no idea that some would have such a strong opinion about people that they didn't even know. I found it bizarre that some really thought the TV show was "real"--it was like they actually thought they "knew" them.

After the group was closed, this same person decided to attack me in a different public forum. It's very interesting because I wasn't posting on that board. The Facebook group was actually the first time I had posted anything, anywhere. I hadn't watched the show since the first season, and I didn't even know there were discussion boards about the show. In my Facebook group, I only commented on issues that dealt with Jodi. I actually didn't even tell anyone I was Jodi's sister until the day before I closed the group. I didn't answer any personal questions about the family or give away any "family secrets". Although Jon and Kate really aren't my family, I still felt a sense of loyalty and didn't want to cross any lines. I would never put Jodi in a position that would make her uncomfortable or cause problems with them.

After I read what was posted about me, I knew that lines had been crossed and that someone very close to the situation was involved. This person didn't care that I was a remote family member. I decided to let it go. This just showed the maturity level of this person, and what their true character is.

More than a week went by. I was silent. Then a link to my personal blog was discovered and leaked to a discussion board. Obviously this person has nothing better to do with his time than read numerous discussion boards. The same day the link was posted, this same person decided to comment on my blog--trying to send me a not so subtle message. My personal blog is about MY family. I do not blog about the show because it really isn't part of my life, so the comments that were left were completely out of line. That is going a little too far. The things that were said not only attacked me, but also Jodi. It's one thing to come after me, but it went too far to bring Jodi into it. I suspect the person behind this knows me and could very easily talk to me without name calling and threats. Is this the way this person operates...a cowardly cyberbully?? I'm a reasonable person, and if you don't like something I said, just realize that I'm entitled to my opinion. We can discuss it in a mature way, but name calling and threats aren't the way to get what you want. So I now feel compelled to break my silence.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea that some would have such a strong opinion about people that they didn't even know. I found it bizarre that some really thought the TV show was "real"--it was like they actually thought they "knew" them.

Is she talking about Gwop?

iwhyawli said...

Hi Gosselin Kids! Hope you're doing well. Don't you think Julie picked a most interesting title and quote to start her very first blog post??? It's almost as if her blog was created for one reason only, i.e., to throw people off the scent that she had long been smearing your folks as Serena on the TWOP and GWOP blogs.

Your pal,

iwhyawli

ISchatziedMyself said...

"First Post on GWOP 6-22:
http://tinyurl.com/gwop6-22

“I'm glad I found this. I will say that I have also received threats due to some things I have posted on various boards , and I'm pretty confident that I know who is behind it”"


What have you posted at various boards?
According to you, you only posted at Facebook.

ISchatziedMyself said...

Jodi is truly the sweet, genuine person that she appears to be on TV.

The Truth Will Set You Free said...
"Kelly Ripa attended some type of function in NYC and the Gosselins were there. Kelly made a gracious comment to Kate about how much she enjoyed the show, etc and Kate supposedly dissed Kelly."

Yes--this is true. Jodi was in the room with Kate and said it was extremely embarassing. Kate acted like the celebrities were coming to meet HER. She didn't introduce herself or Jodi to anyone.

Anonymous said...

If the facebook was just to chat about the perfection of Jodi, there would not have been a negative reaction.

So, she was obviously trashing the gosselins.